The Financial Blueprint Seminar for Medical Professionals
This seminar teaches healthcare professionals what medical school did NOT, including:
Negotiating Better Contracts ✓
Billing & Coding CORRECTLY for Services ✓
Maximizing Compensation & Job Satisfaction ✓
Helping Patients Navigate the Financial Side of their Care ✓
Succeeding as an Employed OR Independent Medical Practitioner ✓
What physicians have been saying about The Financial Blueprint Seminar…
Featuring Lead Instructor
Alexander Lakowsky, MD MBA
With more than 14 years of clinical experience in medicine, Dr. Lakowsky is an internal medicine physician who has practiced in various practice settings including single-specialty and multi-specialty groups and served as a hospitalist in a large hospital foundation. In 2012, he used this experience to build his own private practice from the ground up in the SF Bay Area, creating a thriving professional medical environment that is advantageous for both doctors and patients.
Throughout his time in these practice settings, Dr. Lakowsky saw the need to help physicians better understand how and why they are getting paid and teach them how to navigate the complex business side of medicine.
Selected Clips from Previous Seminars
About Our Seminars
Our Financial Blueprint seminars empower physicians to get compensated fairly and stay ahead in the ever changing world of medical reimbursement.
We explain how medical organizations, hospitals, and individual doctors get paid while uncovering the complexity of medical insurance reimbursement, and use this knowledge to help patients understand the financial aspect of their care.
- The Current State of Medical Financial Reimbursement
- Health Insurance + Medicare Contracting
- HMO + Foundation Contracting
- Contracting SMARTER as a medical professional.
- RVUs and CEOs (Why hospital CEOs make so much money.)
- Money Flows & The Financial Flowchain
- Medical Groups vs. Private Practice
- Introducing & Explaining Medical Billing and Coding
- Specialty-Specific Billing Examples
- ICD-10 Diagnoses, CPT Service Codes
- Basic Office Visits and Levels of Service
- Office-based & Hospital-based Coding
- Procedures (or lack thereof) in Hospitals
- Billing & Coding for:
- Primary Care
- Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics
- Hospitalist Medicine
- Admissions and Follow-up, 0% overhead billing.
- Answering: Is it still possible to build a strong private practice?
Qualified Doctor Instructors
Reimbursement Rx Seminars are taught by a small group of doctors who have started and successfully run their own medical practices and are eager to pass along their hard-earned knowledge to the current and next generations of physicians.
Learn more about our instructors here.
Any training or established health care professional (MD, DO, DPM, NP, PA) will benefit from attending a seminar at any stage of his or her career to be equipped to take control of the financial aspect of their career and to be able to better serve patients!
Our seminars are one-day and two-day events that combine lecture with Q&A to give an intensive and holistic overview and understanding of the business of medicine. Seminar sessions run from 9AM - 6PM for one day events for a total of 8 hours of lecture and our extended 2 day seminars run from 9AM-3PM on both Saturday and Sunday with lecture and Q&A sessions on both days.
Our seminars are presented year-round in many different metro areas across the US. Sign up to our email newsletter to stay updated on announcements about future seminars.